Everything Bagel Tofu Tenders, aka the most requested RECIPE in my house, and yours based on your comments + messages. If you’re new to tofu, or haven’t loved it in the past, save this recipe and give it a try!
Share this recipe!
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp tapioca starch or corn starch
- 1/2 cup everything bagel seasoning
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Drain, rinse and press the tofu. Slice tofu in half lengthwise, then in half again. Then slice into into 1/2” fingers.
- In a shallow bowl whisk non dairy milk with nutritional yeast and starch.
- In a second shallow bowl mix the everything bagel seasoning with both kinds of bread crumbs.
- With one hand add each tofu finger first to almond milk mix, turning until well coated. Transfer to bread crumb mix and with the other hand coat each tofu finger well. Place on lined baking sheet, leaving room to make sure tofu fingers are not touching.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from over and flip over. Bake for another 15 minutes. Serve + enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!