Homemade VEGAN CREAM CHEESE Toasties 😋
My kids are huge bagel + toast fans so I decided to experiment and come up with my own vegan cream cheese RECIPE and dang if it isn’t better than anything I’ve ever bought at a store.
Oil + gluten free I love this totally fresh tasting herbed version best, so please save and give it a try!! Recipe right here 👇
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup coconut cream **
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Soak cashews in water overnight. The long soaking time ensures the creamiest texture! Drain and rinse.
- Add cashews, coconut cream, vinegar, and lemon juice to a small blender or food processor and process until super smooth.
- Fold in salt, dill and chives. Taste and adjust salt and herbs to your liking.
- Pour cream cheese into a small dish or jar that seals well. Seal and chill in fridge until firm.
- Spread on all the toast + bagels. Enjoy!