THE BEST VEGAN GRAVY EVER
If you from the south, you know how damn important good gravy is. I like to drown my food in it and make it disappear until I need a spoon to finish it.
Nothing beats a hearty, homemade gravy. Mh mh mh!
This is my all time favorite gravy and I highly recommend it to you: Try it! I had it with homemade mashed potatoes and vegan meatloaf.
Share this recipe!
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable bullion
- 1/4 tsp freshly grounded black pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 stems fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 stems fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 dried bayleaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- Take a medium pot and add all of the ingredients above except for the cornstarch slurry ingredients.
- Whisk well and let boil on low/medium heat for about 10 minutes (without lid). Stir form time to time.
- After 10 minutes mix together the cornstarch slurry.
- Make sure the gravy is boiling when you add the cornstarch slurry. Whisk while adding it.
- If you want the sauce even thicker, simply add more cornstarch slurry to it. But be careful, you don't want it to turn into jell-o.
- Let the gravy boil lightly for another 10 minutes (without lid).