Do you like curry?
If you haven’t tried cooking one at home yet, this recipe is a great start. It has minimal ingredients, easy execution and is super tasty and comforting.
👉EASY DAL CURRY split red lentils served with Rice, cauliflower and cilantro.
- 1 lb red lentils split , cleaned
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 inch nub ginger
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- black pepper
- cayenne optional
- In large pot add split red lentils with water to cover plus an extra 3 inches, boil and then simmer 25 mins1 lb red lentilswater
- In a separate skillet, sauté in oil chopped garlic, onion and ginger until golden and fragrant.1 tsp oil4 cloves garlic3 inch nub ginger1 onion
- Add fresh tomatoes a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook for 3 mins until tomatoes release juices.4 tomatoessaltblack pepper
- Add curry powder plus a pinch of crushed red pepper and cayenne for heat (optional).3 tbsp curry powdercayenne
- Check the lentils. They cook really fast like within 25-30 mins they should be pretty soft. When they’re soft, add the cooked mixture to the pot plus tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer to really infuse those lentils with flavor. When texture is smooth its ready to eat. Eat alone or with rice, and be sure to douse it in cilantro and black pepper!3 tbsp tomato pastesaltblack pepper
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!