This recipe is the easiest and most versatile recipe I’ve ever created. I came up with it one morning when I wanted something different for breakfast and I’ve been making it almost every day since! These chickpeas are perfect for topping avocado toast, salads, tacos, bowls, burritos, and so much more. If you have a favorite recipe using chicken, these are the perfect swap! They also reheat well so they’re a meal prepper’s dream 🙌🏼
Share this recipe!
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce low sodium if desired
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt for finishing I loveee truffle salt for this!
- 1-2 tbsp vegan butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbs butter, once melted add chickpeas.
- Saute for 5 minutes, then sprinkle in garlic powder, saute for another minute or 2. If the chickpeas are looking dried out, add another tbs of butter.
- Add soy sauce and saute until liquid is absorbed, should take 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Off the heat and sprinkle in nutritional yeast. Taste them to see what you think, I love salt so I love to finish them with truffle salt!
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!