Is it hard for you to eat your daily veggies?
Many people (including my kids) don’t love the texture or taste of many vegetables. This recipe sneaks in all the fiber and vitamins by blending the vegetables before cooking so they break down and are almost undetectable.
Save this one for a Sunday meal prep and get everyone to eat their veggies all week without a fight!
- Start by putting all veggies (except corn) in a high speed blender or food processor and pulsing until kids won’t notice there are veggies in this. Just cut the harder veggies like butternut and carrots smaller so that they get chopped by blades easier
- Sauté all the blended veggies in 1 tsp oil, stirring often until you can smell them about 5 mins
- Add drained beans, water, tomatoes and spices and bring to a boil for 3-5 mins and add corn
- Turn down to a simmer for 10-15 mins to let thicken and all flavors meld. Stir often to make sure nothing is burning on bottom Taste for salt.
- Serve with rice or tortillas, sliced avocado, veggies or (gasp) cheese-my kids love it that way but me and hubby eat it vegan style with some spicy pickled onions and jalapeños.