Starting the week with this 20-minute meal: Crispy Pan Fried Tofu!🧡🌱
Sizzled on a skillet, and drizzled with a miso soy sauce glaze. It’s fiery and tangy, and full of umami flavour.
Share this recipe!
- Drain tofu and wrap in a clean dish towel. Gently press tofu to remove the excess liquid. Do this for a few minutes until you find the tofu to be significantly drier. Slice tofu into six equal slices (about 1/2-inch thick). Gently dab tofu slices with dish towel to remove any more moisture.
- In a bowl combine tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup, miso, grated ginger, and cayenne. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Add neutral oil to skillet and bring to med-high heat. When the oil is hot (3-5 mins) carefully add tofu slices. (Do this carefully as oil can spit as tofu cooks). Cook each side until browned and crispy (4 mins per side). Use a chop stick or spatula to turn.
- Strain oil into a small bowl, holding back the tofu with a spatula. Bring back to medium-heat and add sauce. Spoon the sauce over the tofu to absorb and marinade. Let simmer until sauce has thickened and caramelized ( 5 mins).
- Serve tofu with rice and drizzle with remaining glaze.
Sub rice vinegar for lemon, lime, or apple cider vinegar if you don't have it.