Crispy BBQ Chickpea “Croutons” 🧡💚🧡💚
A recipe to bring your summer salad to the next level. The croutons also make a great snack or pita sandwich filling, the possibilities are pretty endless😋
- Season chickpeas with salt and pepper.
- To bread chickpeas: set up 3 stations, one bowl with tapioca flour, second bowl with bbq sauce, & a plate with bread crumbs.Line large baking sheet with parchment paper misted with oil.
- Add chickpeas to tapioca flour, mix with spoon till all coated, next coat in bbq sauce, then place in bread crumbs making sure chickpeas are breaded throughout, use a large dry spoon to place chickpeas on baking sheet. Separate croutons that are stuck together, giving enough room between each so they crisp up.
- Bake at 400 F til coating is golden and crisp, shaking pan half way through cook time about 15-20 min or Air fry 7-10 min at 400 F cooking in 2 batches.
- Serve croutons warm or at room temperature. Use as a salad topper and serve with your favorite dressing or as a pita filling. I served mine with homemade bbq ranch.