Share this recipe!
- Season chickpeas with salt/pepper
- To bread chickpeas: set up 3 stations, one bowl with tapioca flour, second bowl with bbq sauce, & a plate with bread crumbs.Line large baking sheet with parchment paper misted with oil
- Add chickpeas to tapioca flour, mix with spoon till all coated, next coat in bbq sauce, then place in bread crumbs making sure chickpeas are breaded throughout, use a large dry spoon to place chickpeas on baking sheet. Separate croutons that are stuck together, giving enough room between each so they crisp up
- Bake at 400 F til coating is golden and crisp, shaking pan half way through cook time about 15-20 min or Air fry 7-10 min at 400 F cooking in 2 batches.
- Serve croutons warm or at room temperature. Use as a salad topper and serve with your favorite dressing or as a pita filling. I served mine with homemade bbq ranch.
Find more tasty recipes from this author on their socials: