- 2 large handfuls spinach chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 splash almond milk
- 170 g penne
- salt + pepper
- chili flakes
- vegan parmesan cheese
- fiddleheads steamed, tossed in butter and seasoned
- Roast aubergine whole (and directly on middle rack) at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Allow to cool, cut in half, scoop out flesh. Place in a colander over a bowl while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Heat vegan butter in a frying pan. Add garlic and onion and cook until fragrant and onion is translucent. Season. Add spinach and cook until it begins to wilt.
- In a blender or food processor, blend aubergine with a splash of almond milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Add to pan with spinach mixture. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water. When nearly al dente, drain and add to the pan with spinach. Reserve a little pasta water.
- Cook pasta for an additional minute with spinach mixture and add a little pasta water, if necessary.
- Taste and season according to your preferences.
- Serve with steamed buttery fiddleheads, red chili flakes and vegan parmesan. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!