Do you eat your beans and greens?
You need to pack your bowl full of these two foods for maximum plant based power!
This recipe is creamy, slightly spicy and very filling without being heavy.
To lighten it up sub in cauliflower or hearts of palm “rice” or to make it heartier add some naan bread to sop up the curry gravy!
👉SAAG CHOLE inspired chick peas and greens in a creamy curry with jasmine rice and roasted baby bell peppers.
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 T fresh ginger chopped
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric chopped, you may omit if unavailable and add extra 1 tsp dry when adding dry spices
- 1 1/2 yellow onion small dice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 4 cups greens of choice I like power greens mixes but baby spinach is fine too, chopped fine
- 1 cup plant milk
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 T turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 T plain plant yogurt
- Start by sautéing garlic, ginger, turmeric andyellow onion on medium heat in 1tsp evoo, until onions are browning.
- Add chickpeas and greens. Cook 2 mins until all greens have wilted.
- Addplant milk and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, ground cumin, red pepper, sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Let simmer 5 mins and stir well to incorporate all spices.
- Turn off heat and add plant yogurt and stir well.