creamy rice & mushroom soup
hello dinner inspo! if you love mushrooms, this is the perfect one-pot recipe to try :)) have a fantastic day, friends!
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme + 1/2 tsp dried sage, or herbs of your choice
- 2 shallots diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups dry white rice rinsed and drained
- 700 g mushrooms (I used portobello and shiitake) 25 oz, sliced
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock ***plus more as needed to achieve the consistency of soup
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cream or 2 tbsp tahini - optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and saute the shallots and garlic.
- After 5 minutes, stir in mushrooms, rice, and dried herbs, then fry until the mushrooms have released some of their water.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and cover the pot. Simmer on low heat, stirring frequently, until the rice is cooked through.
- If desired, stir in some cream or tahini for creaminess. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Serve warm.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!