Creamy Orecchiette with Broccoli, Peas & Herbs 🍃🌿 A simple and delicious creamy pasta to start the week! With lots of lemon and pepper, and green veggies 🍃🌿
Orecchiette is such a fun shape and holds onto the sauce and peas so well in this dish. The simple recipe is below! Wishing you a great week ahead ❤🍃🌿
- 3/4 lb. orecchiette
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 1/4 cups packed broccoli florets cut small
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp greek-style vegan yogurt can sub coconut cream, vegan cream cheese, or just omit
- Juice of 1 1/2 to 2 lemons to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan optional
- Extra pepper for serving
- Red chili flakes for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente, in salted water. Drain, but reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan on medium heat, add onions, oil, 1 tsp of kosher salt, and pepper. Stir, cook for 5 min. Add garlic, cook another min. Add garlic powder and vegetable broth, let gently simmer for 2 min.
- Add broccoli florets and peas, stir and cook covered for 2 to 3 min. Remove lid and cook more time if broccoli is not yet fork tender. Add pasta and remaining ingredients, stir and add the last 1/2 tsp kosher salt and more butter or olive oil if desired.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.