Creamy Orecchiette with Broccoli, Peas & Herbs 🍃🌿 A simple and delicious creamy pasta to start the week! With lots of lemon and pepper, and green veggies 🍃🌿
Orecchiette is such a fun shape and holds onto the sauce and peas so well in this dish. The simple recipe is below! Wishing you a great week ahead ❤🍃🌿
- 3/4 lb. orecchiette
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 1/4 cups packed broccoli florets cut small
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp greek-style vegan yogurt can sub coconut cream, vegan cream cheese, or just omit
- Juice of 1 1/2 to 2 lemons to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese optional
- Extra pepper for serving
- Red chili flakes for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente, in salted water. Drain, but reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan on medium heat, add onions, oil, 1 tsp of kosher salt, and pepper. Stir, cook for 5 min. Add garlic, cook another min. Add garlic powder and vegetable broth, let gently simmer for 2 min.
- Add broccoli florets and peas, stir and cook covered for 2 to 3 min. Remove lid and cook more time if broccoli is not yet fork tender. Add pasta and remaining ingredients, stir and add the last 1/2 tsp kosher salt and more butter or olive oil if desired.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
Find more tasty recipes from this author on their socials: