Share this recipe!
- 250 gram (9 oz) button mushrooms sliced
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme roughly chopped
- 50 ml (1.7 oz) white whine (optional)
- 100 ml (3.4 oz) oat-based cooking cream (can be substituted with other plant-based cooking cream of preference)
- 100 ml (3.4 oz) oat milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp veg. oil or plant-based butter for frying
- 200 gram (7 oz) gluten-free & vegan pasta (I used brown rice & quinoa pasta)
- fresh thyme, vegan parm, flaky sea salt and cracked pepper optional for topping
- Cook pasta in accordance with package instructions.
- Heat oil or butter in a skillet, sauté onions and garlic on medium heat until onions are translucent. Then add the mushrooms and fry until slightly crispy and browned.
- Add mustard, thyme, white wine and salt & pepper. Stir fry on high heat for a couple of minutes until the alcohol has cooked off then add the cooking cream, 100 ml oat milk and nutritional yeast, let simmer on medium low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix 2 tbsp oat milk with the corn starch in a small glass and add to the sauce, keep stirring until the sauce has thickened (1-2 minutes).
- Drain pasta and mix with the sauce. Add toppings and serve!
Did you enjoy this recipe from Seyran? Then make sure to check out her Instagram!