Enjoy this delicious and easy creamy lemon pasta. No nuts or blender required.
Who doesn’t love a good creamy pasta recipe? Especially when it’s vegan, nut free and does not require a blender.
That means a way easier clean up and faster cooking time.
Vegan cream cheese is underrated in terms of that you can use it in soo many vegan recipes to acquire a creamy and delicious texture. I used it for this recipe and I found that it worked out perfectly.
I really like Tofutti vegan cream cheese because it has a very neutral flavor and melts very well. However, you can use whatever vegan cream cheese you’d like.
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions. Drain while reserving around 1/4 cup of the starchy cooking water. Set aside.
- Heat your butter and olive oil in a sauté pan on medium. Allow for butter to completely melt.
- Add in your vegetable broth and let reduce by half for 2-3 minutes. Add in your minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add in your vegan cream cheese and allow for it to melt by stirring frequently. Add in your nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Mix everything around.
- Carefully add in your cooked pasta and mix around carefully using a pair of tongs. Gradually add in your pasta water and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.