It’s national pasta day but for an Italian like myself, that’s basically every Sunday dinner. Taking it back to that one time I made the best #copycatrecipe of arguably the best dish from the O.G.. 😂
Hey @olivegarden : Why can’t we just be friends already and make vegan ALFREDO SAUCE a regular thing on your menu? 🤨
Everyone has their weaknesses.. especially in food cravings. I’m talkin about the bad for you..omg I dont care how many calories I’m ordering…Extra sauce…, corporate restaurant chain kinda cravings. 🤦🏻♀️
Mine has always been that damn fettuccini alfredo from @olivegarden . 🤷🏻♀️
Seriously, whatever CRACK they put in that alfredo sauce makes me insaaaaaanley hungry. 🧟♀️
So I made a veganized version that’s basically crack in a bowl.
WARNING: This isn’t “cauliflower alfredo”.. its full-fat coconut milk with a shit load of vegan butter and cheeze…Exactly how I wanted it. Fatty coconut milk, extra butter, vegan parm shavings, fresh black pepper..cooked down slowly until a thick rich sauce occurs.. omg.. 🤤 that’s what makes it taste just like the original sauce. And NO it doesn’t taste like coconut. It tastes like creamy dreamy Alfredo sauce🤩❤️
The Chick’n is @gardein Chicken Scaloppini, seared in EVOO and BAKED w/ Italian seasonings and a pinch of lemon zest. 🤘
Sooo, what’s up OG?: I made your pasta dish completely vegan… finally something other than your marinara to eat!!! .
Ill take those endless breadsticks though… 🥰
All vegan baybeeeeee 🌱
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter divided
- Flour for roux
- 1 cup plain unsweetened vegan half and half or soy milk or oat milk, the thicker the better
- 1 TBS vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan parm shredded or grated
- garlic powder
- Fresh flat leaf Italian parsley chopped
- Linguini or fettuccine noodles, cooked in salted water
- 3 pieces vegan chick'n use your favorite brand
- You can make the sauce in a sauce pot, but a larger nonstick deep skillet works best.
- Make a roux with 1/2 of the vegan butter, some flour, and then slowly stir in the plant milk/half&half.
- Add vegan PARM. Stir slowly. Then addd cream cheese and coconut milk. Boil at LOW for 20 minutes, whisking every 5 mins so it doesn’t burn. The sauce should thicken.
- Add more PARM and rest of the butter, season with extra black pepper and garlic powder and some salt. Whisk again until thick. Add more butter to taste.
- If sauce hasn’t thickened, keep cooking on medium low until the coconut milk has bubbles into a creamy consistency.
- Taste, and season, adding more cream cheese or PARM to your liking.
- Add al-dente Fettuccine noodles to the sauce and a tiny amount of salted pasta water, stirring with the heat now on off. Sauce should thicken up quickly and coat all the noodles.
- Pan sear your vegan chick'n for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut it in 1" slices.
- Serve on a hot plate, sprinkle with more PARM, black pepper,and lots of fresh green flat leaf parsley. Top with vegan chick'n.