Looking for a rich, creamy and elegant soup for your holiday dinner? This vegan gf POTATO SOUP will hit all the right places.
- 3 large russet potato peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 5 small cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp brown rice flour
- 3 cups oat milk
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegan smoked cheddar grated
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan grated
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper
TOPPING (for 4 bowls of soup)
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 4 tbsp Dukkah
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
- Truffle oil
- Melt butter, cook onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add brown rice flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Add potato and toss to coat. Pour milk and water into pot, stir and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add in grated cheese, spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Use an immersion blender (or pulse through blender or food processor)to blend. Leave behind a few chunks of potato for texture.
- Check for seasoning, pour into bowls and top with green onion, Dukkah and truffle oil.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!