creamy butter chickpeas + rice 🍛
this dish has all the flavor — recipe below!
i’m currently sick and can’t taste food very well :^( with coronavirus going around, i hope you all stay healthy (and keep up ur hygiene even if u are an engineer)!!
Share this recipe!
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 green chilis minced (omit for less spicy)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 large ripe tomatoes (400g) pureed or diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (from a can of full-fat coconut milk)
- In a large pot, heat some oil and add the onion, garlic, ginger, and chilis. Saute for 5 minutes, then stir in all the spices.
- Once fragrant, add in the tomatoes, water, and chickpeas. Cover the pot and let simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer for 3-4 more minutes.
- If desired, season with more spices to taste, then serve warm.