I topped this Broccoli Pesto Soup with some Crispy Gnocchi because a) who doesn’t like gnocchi and b) I need yummy toppings with my soup, always! Best way to ensure it’s a satisfying, filling meal!
- Crispy pan-fried mini gnocchi
- Fresh parsley
- Vegan cheese shreds
- Finely dice peeled onion, garlic and celery.
- Heat up vegan butter in a deep pan or dutch oven, and sauté onions and celery until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add flour to the veggie mix, and stir for a minute, then stir in vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, whisking continuously until soup thickens.
- Add frozen broccoli but reserve about 1 cup of florets to add later.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then blend soup until smooth. Either use an immersion blender or let the soup cool down enough to transfer to a blender.
- Add remaining broccoli florets to the blended soup, and simmer for a few more minutes or until broccoli florets are tender.
- If needed add some more water or broth to thin out the soup.
- Stir in pesto at the end, and if using vegan cheese shreds.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- In the meantime, pan fry gnocchi in a non stick pan with some vegan butter until crispy.
- Top broccoli soup with crispy gnocchi, fresh parsley, and enjoy!
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
Find more tasty recipes from this author on their socials: