Creamy Aleppo Chili Pasta (aka Flavor-bomb pasta) for you!❤️
I highly recommend taking a trip to your local Middle Eastern shop or ordering Aleppo Chili flakes online🌶 They are mild, slightly savory and oily with earthy tones.
I buy them in super size bulk packages because I use them a lot in my cooking (as many of you already know🥰)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp Aleppo chili flakes Yes, tablespoons! Adjust to taste but Aleppo Chili is mild
- 6-7 tbsp tomato paste (100 ml)
- 1 cup 1 cup vegan cooking cream /heavy cream (mine is oat based) (250 ml)
- 6-7 tbsp vegan parmesan grated + more for serving
- pasta water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp parsley finely chopped, for garnish
- Cook pasta in salted water in accoradance with package instructions, reserve some of the pasta water.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots, stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and stir fry for a minute, add Aleppo Chili flakes and stir-fry for another minute (be careful not to burn the tomato paste).
- Add vegan cooking cream/heavy cream and mix well. Let simmer over low for a couple of minutes until it comes together.
- Add vegan parmesan, black pepper and 2 ladles of pasta water. Let simmer until you have a creamy sauce, adjust with more/less pasta water to your liking. Add more salt if needed.
- Mix in the pasta, if it’s too dry, add more pasta water.
- Top with vegan parmesan, parsley and Aleppo Chili flakes before serving.