Dreamy CINNAMON BANANA FRENCH TOAST STICKS. Thick, golden brown, and bursting with flavor. Paired with warm maple syrup 🍯and topped with crunchy walnuts.
This simple and easy recipe will be your new go-to breakfast or brunch recipe. Make it gluten-free by substituting the bread for GF bread.
Share this recipe!
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Cut your slices of bread into sticks. Repeat until all of the slices have been cut. Set bread aside.
- Combine the mashed banana, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and ground flax seed in a large bowl and whisk. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Whisk once more and completely dunk your French Toast Sticks in the mixture covering all sides. Repeat until you have covered all sticks.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the oil to your pan. Add 3-4 coated sticks to the pan (you don’t want to add too many at once).
- Fry slices on both sides until golden brown. I cooked my slices for about 2 minutes on each sides.
- Serve with walnuts, bananas, and maple syrup.
- Eat these Cinnamon Banana French Toast Sticks immediately. If left out for to long, they become soggy.
- You can use any type of bread you have on hand like gluten-free bread, white bread, whole wheat bread, or multigrain bread.
- Don’t want to fry these? Bake them at 350 degrees F (176 C) for 10 minutes. Flip, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.