Chinese Chives Boxes (韭菜盒子) (🎥 on my story)
Have you tried this chives box before? Today I’m sharing a Native Northern Chinese dim sum with you.
Made the dough from scratch! and I love how those turned out. It’s so delicious and satisfying😋
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 210 ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp mushroom stir fry sauce
- salt to taste
- Add the flour and salt into a big bowl for easy kneading. Pour water little at a time. It’s all depending on the quality of the flour, some may need 210 ml of water and some may need less than 200 ml to have perfectly knead dough.
- Knead the dough till it doesn’t stick anymore on hand. (add flour if dough is too soft) Cover and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat up oil in a wok, add in the garlic and sauté till fragrant.
- Then add the carrots and cook till soft, followed by mushrooms. Add in the sauce ingredients and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, lastly add in the chinese chives and mix well. Let it cool completely before using.
Making the boxes
- Take out the dough from the bowl and knead for a few seconds.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces (about 40g per piece). Roll each piece into a circle (about 4 1/2 inch in diameter). Place the fillings in the middle and seal it in the same way as to fold a dumpling. Place the fold side down and gently patch it flat.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, place the fold side down and cover it. Cook with medium low heat. Flip the chives box until both side are golden brown.
- Finally serve hot with chilli oil or your favourite sauce.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!