Chinese Chives Boxes (韭菜盒子) (🎥 on my story)
Have you tried this chives box before? Today I’m sharing a Native Northern Chinese dim sum with you.
Made the dough from scratch! and I love how those turned out. It’s so delicious and satisfying😋
- 400 g flour
- 210 ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 350 g Chinese Chives clean & finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely sliced
- 100 g shittake mushrooms chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp mushroom stir fry sauce
- salt to taste
- Add the flour and salt into a big bowl for easy kneading. Pour water little at a time. It’s all depending on the quality of the flour, some may need 210 ml of water and some may need less than 200 ml to have perfectly knead dough.
- Knead the dough till it doesn’t stick anymore on hand. (add flour if dough is too soft) Cover and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat up oil in a wok, add in the garlic and sauté till fragrant.
- Then add the carrots and cook till soft, followed by mushrooms. Add in the sauce ingredients and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, lastly add in the chinese chives and mix well. Let it cool completely before using.
Making the boxes
- Take out the dough from the bowl and knead for a few seconds.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces (about 40g per piece). Roll each piece into a circle (about 4 1/2 inch in diameter). Place the fillings in the middle and seal it in the same way as to fold a dumpling. Place the fold side down and gently patch it flat.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, place the fold side down and cover it. Cook with medium low heat. Flip the chives box until both side are golden brown.
- Finally serve hot with chilli oil or your favourite sauce.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.