One food I cannot live without: beans!
They are a huge staple for me as a “meat” replacement in my meals. They are cheap, protein packed, high fiber (keeping you full), and so versatile!
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup pasta water hot
- 1 tsp chickpea miso
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 convection (if you have, if not, don’t worry). Whisk sauce ingredients together. Pour over mushrooms and toss to coat. Spread mushrooms on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Next, make the sauce. For this recipe you will need 1/2 cup of soaked cashews. They don’t take as long as you may think. I soaked mine for 2 hours and the sauce was super creamy. I would recommend a high-speed blender and not a food processor for this.
- Drain and rinse your cashews. Place everything in high-speed blender and blend till creamy. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 2 cups pasta water before draining. Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil, chilli flakes and onion. Saute for several minutes until onion starts to soften. Add in garlic and frozen peas. Toss to combine. Add in sauce, 3/4 of the smoky mushrooms, spinach and cooked pasta. Toss to coat and heat through. Use the pasta water to thin out to desired consistency. Add in vegan Parmesan, salt and cracked pepper and serve immediately.