One food I cannot live without: beans!
They are a huge staple for me as a “meat” replacement in my meals. They are cheap, protein packed, high fiber (keeping you full), and so versatile!
for the beans:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup broth
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, line a baking pan with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Wash and cut potatoes into bite sized pieces leaving the skin on. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle spices across the potatoes using only half of the nutritional yeast. Toss the potatoes with your hands and spread them out evenly again. Sprinkle the remaining nutritional yeast on top and bake in the oven for ~30 minutes until crispy/fork tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes, add garlic and the spices. Saute for 30 seconds. Add the beans (with the liquid from the can).
- Cover and reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Add more water if the beans become too thick.
- Serve with red cabbage, quinoa cooked in broth, green onions, and avocado.