TIMES R TOUGH. Here’s a chickpea & pumpkin curry to cheer you up.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 cans chickpeas rinsed
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups pumpkin diced & cooked (I like to roast this whilst I’m cooking!)
- Cook onion and garlic in coconut oil until fragrant. Add the coconut sugar and continue to cook over a medium heat so the onion is caramelised slightly.
- Add the spices to the pan and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, chickpeas and peanut butter. Stir well, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water to thin out if needed. Add spinach last and let it wilt.
- Stir through pumpkin and enjoy! Serve over rice if desired.