Everything tastes better in a bowl! This CREAMY CHICKPEA CUCUMBER SALAD is a start-the-week favorite around here! 🌱🍋🥗🥒
Full disclosure- I had breakfast for both; breakfast & dinner 🙈🤷🏻♀️ but I pinky promised myself I’ll prep 2 big salads tomorrow to get organized & eat during the week.
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon for the juice
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- handful fresh dill rough chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cans chickpeas organic, low-sodium
- 1 small cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup pickled red onions pickled in white vinegar & sea salt. You could add raw sugar to the brine.
- 2 avocados cut into chunks
- Pour the dressing over the salad base ingredients right before serving. Don’t do it too far in advance; to keep it as fresh as possible. Because this salad doesn’t have any leafy greens i.e. spinach, kale or lettuce; wilting won’t occur.