This IS comfort food at it’s best. What’s better than a hot bowl of Chicken Soup and fluffy delcious Dumplings?
Another classic comfort food has been easily Veganized. The soup/ gravy is simple and the Herbed Dumplings are yummy! This is perfect cold weather food but I promise you’ll be making this all year round.
- Sauté the Onion, Celery and Carrot until the Onions become translucent.
- Add in the Vegan Butter, Fresh Dill, Thyme and Poultry Seasoning and continue to cook on med - low heat.
- Add in the Flour and sitr well making sure to coat all the veggies. Keep stirring for a few minutes to cook out the raw Flour taste.
- Add in the Water and bing to a soft boil and cover for about 25 minutes.
- Make the Dumplings by combining the dry ingredeints along with the fresh herbs first and then stir in the Half and Half. Mix just until well combined and set aside.
- Add in the Vegan Chicken and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Drop medium sized balls of the Dumpling dough into the soup. ( you should get 12 - 14 dumplings) Make sure they are not just sitting on top of the soup but actually in the soup. Cover the pot and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Dumplings are cooked when you insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.