Share this recipe!
Cream cheese frosting
- 1/4 cup home made cashew cream* or store bought plain vegan cream cheese (more if you want more frosting)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- pinch lemon zest, vanilla or cinnamon (optional)
- First mix up all the ingredients for the frosting and refrigerate it.
- Grate carrot and finely chop walnuts.Add oat flour, grated carrot, walnuts, raisins, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and cinnamon to a mixing bowl.
- Add apple cider vinegar, plant milk and maple syrup and stir until everything is combined (do not over mix!) and let batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken. If pancake mix is too thick, add a couple table spoons of plant milk.
- Bake pancakes (about 4 to 5) in a non stick skillet on low to medium heat a few minutes on each side. (A bit of coconut oil or spray is optional here depending on you pan)
- Layer with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this recipe from Alex? Then make sure to check out her Instagram!