Hello foodie friends 💚 Maybe you’re in the mood for carrot cake this weekend – it’s that time of the year 🥕🐰 – but don’t feel like baking or making an entire cake….and eating it too? 😬 That’s why I’m sharing this “carrot cake pancake cake“ with you again! These pancakes are quick and easy to make but still are super tasty, rich (because of all the frosting 😋) and (mostly) full of good ingredients. Stay healthy, safe and kind 💚
Share this recipe!
- 1 cup rolled oats ground into flour
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch cinnamond and vanilla
- 1 tbsp raisins (optional)
Cream cheese frosting
- 1/4 cup home made cashew cream* or store bought plain vegan cream cheese (more if you want more frosting)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- pinch lemon zest, vanilla or cinnamon (optional)
- First mix up all the ingredients for the frosting and refrigerate it.
- Grate carrot and finely chop walnuts.Add oat flour, grated carrot, walnuts, raisins, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and cinnamon to a mixing bowl.
- Add apple cider vinegar, plant milk and maple syrup and stir until everything is combined (do not over mix!) and let batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken. If pancake mix is too thick, add a couple table spoons of plant milk.
- Bake pancakes (about 4 to 5) in a non stick skillet on low to medium heat a few minutes on each side. (A bit of coconut oil or spray is optional here depending on you pan)
- Layer with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!
*For the cashew cream blend up 1 cup of soaked cashews with a couple tbsp of plant milk until creamy and refrigerate until use so it firms up. Use leftover cream for cooking, baking, dips etc. Alternatively you could also use thick vegan yogurt (like coconut).
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!
Did you enjoy this recipe from Alex? Then make sure to check out her Instagram!