This Caribbean Red Beans and Turmeric Rice is comfort food meets tropical island flavor! It’s easy to make, flavor-packed, and full of nutrients and plant-protein.
Couldn’t think of a better recipe to post from sea than this delicious bowl of tropical island goodness! 😍 Flavorful and filling, this recipe is very hearty but perfect for summer with the bright and bold flavors. 😋
I touched on this yesterday, but one of my 🌟FAVORITE SIMPLE TIPS🌟 to look and feel your absolute BEST is to fill half of your plate with fresh greens. This can be any green you love: massaged kale, shredded iceberg, chopped romaine, spring greens, arugula, and more! 🥬
Why is this such an amazing tip?
🌟 Greens are extremely FILLING but have a LOW CALORIC DENSITY
🌟 They add a delicious BRIGHTNESS and contrast in texture
🌟 They LIGHTEN UP any meal by CUTTING YOUR CARBS in half
🌟 They IMPROVE DIGESTION and REDUCE BLOATING – helloOoOo FLAT TUMMY
🌟 They are incredibly NUTRIENT RICH and full of ANTIOXIDANTS
What recipe are you going to try it with first? 😍 Check out the recipe below for some inspo 😘
- 1 tsp coconut oil or water if oil free
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 TBSP fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C white rice
- 1 3/4 C water
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 cucumber finely chopped
- 1/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 C unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 C almonds sliced, toaster
- 1/2 C cilantro finely chopped
- 1 14oz can red kidney beans
- 1 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 bunch lacinto kale chopped and massaged for 30 seconds with juice of 1 lemon + 1 tsp EVOO
- hot sauce
- Add oil or water to a medium sauce pan and add garlic, ginger, cumin, and turmeric. Sauté 2 min until fragrant. Add in rice and stir to combine. Pour in water, lime zest, and lime juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare kale and add beans to a small saucepan with jerk seasoning and aminos. Heat until warm.
- Once rice is ready, stir in carrot, cucumber, coconut, cranberries, almonds, and cilantro. Cook for another 2 minutes:
- Add all ingredients to bowls with optional hot sauce.