Broccoli & Zucchini Tofu BBQ Stir Fry 🌿🍃
Hey friends, hope you’re having a restful AND productive weekend!! Whatever that means for you, and it looks different for everyone, especially now. 💗💛 🌿
For me, I like to take just a few minutes and think about a few things i want to do, and (maybe more importantly) how I want to feel at the end of the day. It sets me up with a positive mindset as I move through the day, and helps drive how I spend my time and focus my energy 💗💛🌿
I’d love to hear how you approach this! Comment or DM me! 💗💛🌿
Now on to the food! This recipe is simple and really satisfying, with a spicy kick! If you prefer mild heat, you can sub the gochujang with hoisin sauce. 😋
Share this recipe!
- 1 16 oz package super firm tofu can use extra firm or firm, cut into thin squares
- 3 cups broccoli florets steamed until just crisp-tender
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small, sliced thinly
- Sesame oil for cooking (or your choice of oil)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- red chili flakes for more spice
- chopped chives or scallions to serve with
- While broccoli steams, cut tofu and add to large pan with 1 tsp sesame oil and cook until golden brown on most sides. You may need to do in 2 batches. Season with garlic powder.
- When nearly done cooking, add around 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce, cook and stir until sauce is absorbed. Remove from pan.
- While tofu cooks, slice up zucchini and whisk sauce.
- In same pan that tofu cooked, add a drizzle of oil and the zucchini. Season with salt, garlic powder and pepper, cook for around 3 minutes until just starting to soften, stirring often.
- Add tofu, broccoli, and sauce, stir together. Cook together for 2 min.
- Serve with rice if desired, with chives and red chili flakes.