🌱Homemade soy-ginger-BBQ chickpea veggie stir-fry🌱
My eldest never got to try this one because by the time she came home, her sisters and dad had eaten it all. Ok…I’m guilt too🤣! I’m going to make it again for her today. It’s really easy…great one to have on repeat.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the sauce. Add maple syrup to taste.
- Lightly blanch (boil for a couple minutes and run under cold water) approximately 3
cups broccoli florets.
- Drain and rinse 1-15oz can chickpeas and dry by rubbing between paper towels. Toss the
chickpeas with a generous amount of smoked paprika. Sauté in skillet in a
little neutral oil until crispy, adding more smoked paprika as desired.
- Add 1 large red bell pepper (roughly chopped) and the blanched broccoli to skillet and sauté a few more minutes until veggies start to brown, adding more oil (or veggie
broth/water) as needed.
- Add 8oz cremini or baby bella mushrooms (thickly sliced) and a little water to just cover bottom of skillet. Cover and cook on medium-high for a few minutes to lightly steam
- Remove lid and give veggies a good stir so mushrooms cook through. Reduce heat to medium-low and add sauce. Continue to cook while stirring until sauce warmed through thickens a little.
- Serve with preferred grain.