Aloo Tikki 💚🥔💚 (Potato Croquettes)
Potatoes are so awesome. In these fritters the potatoes absorb all the Indian spices & the crust is so crunchy with NO FRYING.
So crunchy on the outside & super soft on the inside.Thank you Airfryer. I love you…. but hold up, you can also use an oven to make these babies.
- 1 1/2 lbs baby starchy potatoes peel if desired
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inch ginger grated
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- cayenne powder to taste
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- whole wheat bread crumbs
- Steam potatoes on stovetop in a steamer till fork tender (around 20-30 min). Then put through a ricer or mash to achieve a smooth consistency. If you have a ricer you will notice that it peels the potatoes. Let cool.
- On stovetop, drizzle pan with neutral oil on med, when hot add cumin & mustard seeds, when fragrant & the seeds start to pop, mix in ginger & garlic. Heat for 30 sec being careful not to burn garlic.
- Add spices & herbs from stovetop to potato mash, along with potato starch, veggies, & remaining seasonings. Mix until evenly distributed. Mash should feel smooth. If wet add a bit of startch.
- Form mash into 1/4 cup patties, separate using wax /parchment paper. Place in fridge to firm up at least 1/2 hr or till the next day.
- For breading: mix tapioca powder with water till it forms a thin batter & spread out breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip patty into batter then dredge in bread crumbs, repeat process again, place on parchment paper. Repeat.
- Mist patties with oil. On non stick pan over med heat pre cook patties 5min so breading gets toasted (in batches if needed).
- Next Preheat air fryer at 400 F, then bake patties till crust gets golden & firm, about 10 min, flipping halfway through. Alternatively bake in preheated oven at 400 till golden.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.