Aloo Tikki 💚🥔💚 (Potato Croquettes)
Potatoes are so awesome. In these fritters the potatoes absorb all the Indian spices & the crust is so crunchy with NO FRYING.
So crunchy on the outside & super soft on the inside.Thank you Airfryer. I love you…. but hold up, you can also use an oven to make these babies.
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- whole wheat bread crumbs
- Steam potatoes on stovetop in a steamer till fork tender (around 20-30 min). Then put through a ricer or mash to achieve a smooth consistency. If you have a ricer you will notice that it peels the potatoes. Let cool.
- On stovetop, drizzle pan with neutral oil on med, when hot add cumin & mustard seeds, when fragrant & the seeds start to pop, mix in ginger & garlic. Heat for 30 sec being careful not to burn garlic.
- Add spices & herbs from stovetop to potato mash, along with potato starch, veggies, & remaining seasonings. Mix until evenly distributed. Mash should feel smooth. If wet add a bit of startch.
- Form mash into 1/4 cup patties, separate using wax /parchment paper. Place in fridge to firm up at least 1/2 hr or till the next day.
- For breading: mix tapioca powder with water till it forms a thin batter & spread out breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip patty into batter then dredge in bread crumbs, repeat process again, place on parchment paper. Repeat.
- Mist patties with oil. On non stick pan over med heat pre cook patties 5min so breading gets toasted (in batches if needed).
- Next Preheat air fryer at 400 F, then bake patties till crust gets golden & firm, about 10 min, flipping halfway through. Alternatively bake in preheated oven at 400 till golden.