1-Pot Vegan Potato Leek Soup! It’s creamy, rich, comforting, gluten-free and ready under 30! Ummm, need I say more?
Save this recipe and make a big batch to last you through the week. (It can also be frozen for later). We absolutely love this Potato Leek Soup with a hunk of toasted bread. I’m sure you’ll love it too.
- 3 tbsp olive oil more for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 leeks white and light green parts only, chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 7 cup vegetable broth more if desired
- 2 lb russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence or fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- In a large pot add the olive oil and garlic and bring to medium heat. Toss in the leeks and celery and cook, stirring often, until wilted (about 5 minutes).3 tbsp olive oil3 cloves garlic3 leeks3 stalks celery
- Pour in the vegetable broth and add the potatoes, cashews, bay leaves, herbes de Provence, salt, coriander and pepper. Bring the soup to a simmer by increasing the heat. Cover with the lid slightly ajar and cook until the potatoes are soft and tender, about 15 minutes.7 cup vegetable broth2 lb russet potatoes1/2 cup raw cashews2 bay leaves1 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence1/2 tsp ground coriander1/4 tsp ground pepper1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Scoop out the bay leaves and discard. Puree the soup with an immersion blender until creamy smooth. (Alternatively, blend the soup in a blender in batches on high speed).
- Serve the soup in bowls with a drizzle of olive oil. We like to serve alongside bread, toasted and slathered with vegan butter!3 tbsp olive oil
You can also freeze this soup, however it will change the consistency to an ultra thick soup. When thawed, scoop the desired amount into bowls and add a few splashes of water. Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes and stir everything to combine.