One of the most famous Asian snacks! This recipe incorporates two types of dough to make it more crispy and flaky.
And what is special about these crispy snacks is that they stay firm, dry and have a brittle texture even when these curry puffs are cooled down!
Servings: Curry Puffs
- 150 gram flower
- 80 ml melted margarine
Curry puffs filling
- 1 medium sweet potato diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 gloves garlic minced
- 2 curry leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix the ingredients from the water dough & knead to form a soft dough. Cover and let it sit for 15 mins. Do the same for the pastry dough.
- Mix all the spices ingredients and set aside.
- Sauté the onions & garlic in a pan over medium heat. Add in the curry leaves and sauté another few seconds.
- Next add the spices mixture and continue stir till fragrant. Then add in the sweet potatoes and ensure that everything coated well with the curry powder before adding the water.
- Finally add water and covered with lid, cook under medium low heat till the sweet potatoes are soften. Once done set aside & let it cool before use.
- Shape en fry the curry puffs like done in the video below.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!