This creamy gourmet mushroom risotto is a real crowd pleaser and a must try! Making a creamy homemade risotto takes time but its well worth it. With just a few simple ingredients, you can turn plain rice into a delicious entree or side dish.
Share this recipe!
- .7 oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil + 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 5 cups baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan
- Parsley to garnish
- In medium pot, bring vegetable broth to boil and reduce heat to low. Add porcini mushrooms, cover and cook for 4 minutes. Remove porcini mushrooms and slice.
- In large pot over medium heat, warm avocado oil and butter mixture. Add porcini mushrooms, baby Bella mushrooms, shallots and onions; cook for 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer mixture (including liquid) to bowl and set aside.
- In same large pot, combine 2 tablespoons vegan butter with uncooked rice for 1 minute (avoid browning rice). Add salt, pepper and white wine. Cook until liquid absorbs.
- Return mushroom mixture to pot with rice. Slowly pour in 1/2 cup hot vegetable broth and stir until mostly absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup and so on until rice absorbs all of the liquid (this step takes roughly 35 minutes). Stir in vegan parmesan.
- Remove thyme sprig, spoon into bowls, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
You’ll reveive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.