Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme!❤️🌱
This recipe is SO GOOD! Made with homemade vegan queso, vegan “ground meat,” crunchy tortilla, lettuce, salsa, tomatoes and avocado.
Wrapped neatly, and pan-fried into a crispy hand-held tortilla pocket.
- 1 cup homemade vegan queso or use store-bought
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 oz vegan "ground meat"
- 4 tsp taco seasoning
- 6 large 10-inch tortillas
- 6 small 5-inch tortillas or two more 10-inch tortillas cut into quarters.
- 1-2 cups tortilla chips
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce grated
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 avocados mashed
- olive oil for drizzling
- If using the homemade Cashew Queso, make this now. (Alternatively you can use store-bought).
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet on medium-heat, then add the vegan "ground meat" and taco seasoning. Cook until browned and combined, about 5 to 7 mins. Transfer to a bowl and side aside. Prepare all your ingredients, if you haven't already for building.
- Build the crunchwrap: Place a large tortilla on a work surface. Layer the centre with a bit of vegan queso leaving about 1.5-2 inches around the edges for folding. Then top the next layer with vegan "ground meat", nachos (placed side-by-side with the tip facing inwards to make a circle shape), salsa, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro and smashed avocado.
- Top with the small tortilla and fold in the edges of the large tortilla over to close. *
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in the large (cleaned) skillet on medium heat and place the crunch wrap seam-side down, cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the exterior is firm and golden brown, flip and cook the other side until golden. Cut and serve.
- Continue making crunchwraps in Step 3, 4 and 5 until you’ve used all the ingredients.