Black bean corn burgers (video in highlights)🌱
These burgers are one of the most popular burgers on my feed. I get a lot of photos from you guys and it seems like they’re a big hit. I made them yesterday and had to take a new pic to show these bad boys off 🤣.
I’ve been working hard on my cookbook, filling it with delicious recipes you haven’t seen. This means sometimes I will have to share an older recipe here on IG when I feel burnt out😖…but not too often, I promise. (Oil-free option).
Share this recipe!
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole-wheat but all-purpose or gluten-free will work)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- olive oil for cooking
- salt to taste
- Sauté chopped white onion, minced garlic cloves and minced jalapeño in a little olive oil or veggie broth until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain can black beans and transfer to large bowl. Roughly mash beans, leaving some whole.
- Add to beans: sautéed onion mixture, corn kernels, vegan Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, flour, breadcrumbs, ground cumin, dried oregano, smoked paprika, chili powder, chopped cilantro. Use hands to incorporate well. Add salt to taste. Use hand to form patties.
- Bake at 375F about 25 minutes on lined sheet, flipping after 15 minutes. Or pan fry in non-stick with a little oil. Enjoy.