Olive oil, for sautéing
- 1 can chickpeas 15 ounces, drained, and rinsed
- 3 large cloves garlic sliced
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 packet vegan tortellini 9 ounces, frozen
For the Curry Dressing:
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Maple syrup to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: Rub the chickpeas between a kitchen towel to remove the skins.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chickpeas. Sauté the chickpeas for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a rimmed plate.
- Meanwhile, add the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, water, and curry powder to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Add maple syrup to taste. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the same skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, or until lightly golden. Stir continuously to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add the kale and toss with the garlic and olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons water and cover. Let the kale steam for 2 minutes. Remove the lid and sauté for one more minute. Transfer the kale and garlic to the plate with the chickpeas.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tortellini flat side down and let them cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Add ½ cup water, cover, and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the chickpeas, kale, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the desired amount of dressing for serving.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.