when SWEET meets SAVORY meets SPICY- this Thai green curry has it 🔥✌🏼 you can always sub in what you have for the veggies! If you have any questions about substitutions please DM me and I’ll be more than happy to help you ✨ I’m going to go make a lavender latte now 💋 xo
Share this recipe!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 1 orange pepper chopped into small squares
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger zested (1 inch piece)
- 2 tbsp thai green curry paste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes more to taste
- 1 tsp salt more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper more to taste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans or chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 handfuls of frozen spinach
- 2 t apple cider vinegar rice vinegar (or 1/2 lime, juiced)
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3 cup water
- Begin cooking your rice as instructed on packaging.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add chopped pepper and cook for ~3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add fresh ginger, garlic, curry paste, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red chili flakes. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add beans, coconut milk, agave, and vinegar or lime juice, stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. The curry will thicken during this time. Depending on how hot your skillet is you can always add water to thin at the end.
- Before serving add spinach and toss until wilted. Serve with rice and more red chili flakes.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.