Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpea Piccata🍋💛🍋💛
Before becoming vegan I was not at all into cooking, except the one thing I would actually cook for the family was chicken piccata. No chickens were used in this dish tho ❤️ #friendsnotfood
In my vegan version I made the lemony sauce extra creamy cause why not. Lol. I cut my cauliflower into mini ‘steaks’ but you could could also use florets if you like. Enjoy & Happy Thursday foodie friends!
- 1 large head cauliflower sliced lengthwise through the core into 3 ‘steaks' with each steak halved (save loose florets for another time)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained, rinsed, & dried, neutral oil ( I used sunflower oil)
- 1 small lemon sliced
- kosher salt/pepper
- Brush Cauliflower steaks with 2 tsp oil. Drizzle oil over Chickpeas to coat, season generously with kosher salt/ pepper, set aside
- Place steaks on a large parchment lined baking sheet with lemon slices, Leave plenty of room btw each steak. Bake at 450 F in a preheated oven for 15- 20 min, rotating tray half way through.
- After 15-20 min mark, take out tray. Gently flip steaks & lemons, cauliflower should be slightly golden & charred in some spots. Add chickpeas to tray. Roast for another 15-20 min, shaking and rotating tray half way through
- Once you added chickpeas to oven, start your piccata sauce. In a large non-stick sauté pan over med low heat, add oil & melt butter. Stir to combine.Then slowly whisk in flour. Cook flour till it reaches a golden color about 1 min.
- Next add wine, broth, & lemon juice. Raise heat to med & bring to a simmer. Sauce will thicken & reduce approx 2-3 min.
- Lower heat add capers & parsley, stir till combined. Add a splash of milk if too thick. Season to taste.
- Serve steak & chickpeas topped with plenty of sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes, crusty bread, pasta, or on its own.Enjoy!!