Flavorful Mushroom & Kale Stroganoff🌱
Posting this iPhone shot since so many of you wanted the full recipe for the lunch I showed you in my stories yesterday🙏🏽😍 Would you like to see more recipes of my weekday meals?😊
Happy mid-week Lovelies✨ Love & Light💗, S
- 250 g button mushrooms sliced
- 100 g kale roughly chopped (tough stems removed)
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 175 ml oat-based cooking cream can be substituted with other plant-based cooking cream of preference
- 300 ml boiling water
- 2 tsp corn starch + 2 tbsp cold water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or plant-based butter, for frying
- Heat oil or butter in a skillet, sauté onions and garlic on medium heat until onions are translucent. Then add the mushrooms and fry until slightly crispy and browned. Add kale and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add mustard, soy sauce, thyme, cooking cream, boiling water, salt & pepper. Stir and let simmer on medium low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix corn starch with water and add to the pan, stir until the sauce thickens then remove from heat. Add more boiling water if you want it more saucy or more corn starch slurry if you want it thicker. Adjust with more salt/pepper/thyme to your liking.
- Serve with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!