Sharing this classic dessert Mango Sticky Rice.
The combination of the mango, the coconut cream and the sticky rice is just marvelous!
Hope you’ll love this simple and delicate dessert.
Share this recipe!
- 400 g glutinous rice soak for at least 2
- 4 pieces pandan leafs screwpine leaf
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 200 ml light coconut milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- salt for taste
- 1 mango
- some sesame seeds
- Steam the soaked glutinous rice about 30 minutes or till it soft and tender
- Add in 200ml coconut cream, 2 knots pandan leafs, 1 tbsp sugar and 1/8 tsp salt into the sauce pan and cook for about 4 minutes with low heat. Set aside
- Once the rice is ready, transfer to a bowl. Add in the cooked coconut cream and mix well. Let it sit for 20 minutes or wait till the milk is absorbed.
- Start making the sauce, pour in 200ml light coconut in a sauce pan, take out 2 tbsp of coconut milk and mix with 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Cook the light coconut milk and pour the cornstarch mixture while stirring. Once the milk is thick and creamy, remove from the heat.
- Serve the sticky rice together with the mango and pour the sauce on it. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and enjoy.
Mango Sticky Rice With Coconut Cream
Amount Per Serving
Calories 583 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10.2g64%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Vitamin C 118mg143%
Vitamin A 910IU18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!