For the cake:
- Remove the pits from the dates and soak in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the oats in the blender until a powder forms. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper (or grease).
- Next, add the carrots to the blender and blend until finely chopped or grated consistency. Alternatively use a grater or the grating setting on a food processor. Remove and set aside.
- Drain the dates then add them to the blender along with the milk, banana, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Then add it to the oat mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the carrots, and pecans (if using).
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and place on a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- Prepare the Cashew Cream Frosting by adding all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and processing until smooth.
- Frost the cake and top with additional pecans if desired. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.