Share this recipe!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 cup slightly warm+unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used soy but most would work)
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients gradually and mix to combine.
- Use your hands to gently incorporate ingredients and form a ball. (Dough will be sticky but don’t worry.)
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel. Leave in a warm place to rest for about an hour and a half.
- Then transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 4-5 minutes, adding more flour when it feels sticky.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts by forming a boule shape and slicing like cutting into a pie. (A pastry cutter works best.)
- Roll each section into a ball with your hands. Cover the balls with a damp kitchen towel. Remove one at a time and using a rolling pin, form an oval shape. Repeat for all 8 balls.
- Heat a little oil (high heat, neutral flavored oil like canola or vegetable oil) in a non-stick skillet. Cook the dough until large air bubbles form before turning over. Continue cooking about another 2 minutes, or until browned.
- Melt some vegan butter in a saucepan and brush each nan with the melted butter.