I am here to let you know this pasta sauce will become your newest obsession and you may want to have it with every meal you can going forward. I quickly made up this sauce after a hard workout (wanting something FAST) and I’ve now eaten a record amount of pasta in one sitting. It comes together in less than 20 minutes.
This is by far the creamiest and smooth vegan pasta sauce I have made to date. It is full of flavor from lemon juice, zest, sautéed garlic, and lots of pepper for a kick.
- Boil enough water to cover cashews, pour on top of cashews and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- While cashews are soaking get your pasta water boiling/cooking. Roughly chop garlic, heat butter in a skillet on medium low heat and sauté the garlic for ~5 minutes until fragrant and lightly cooked.
- Transfer garlic butter mixture to a blender with juice of lemon + zest, pepper, salt, turmeric, and drained cashews.
- Right before pasta is done reserve about 3 cups of pasta water, set aside. Drain pasta, transfer back to pot and toss in about 1 T olive oil to avoid them sticking together.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water to the blender. Blend on high speed until a super smooth consistency. Give it a taste adjust flavor to your liking. Give it another blend just to make sure it’s extra smooth 🙂 pour over pasta tossing to combine. Stir frequently on medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken. Adding more pasta water to thin if needed as sauce continues to thicken.