- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicon mat.
- Prepare the chickpeas: Rub the chickpeas with a clean towel to remove excess moisture. Transfer the chickpeas to a medium bowl. Add the smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Mix in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, if using. Transfer the chickpeas to the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Change the oven setting to broil and cook for about 3 minutes more, or until crispy.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts: Shred the Brussels sprouts using a food processor or a sharp knife. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the Brussels for about 7 minutes, or until just wilted and golden brown. (For oil-free, use raw shredded Brussels to make the salad.) Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, mix the tahini, chopped capers, caper brine, Dijon, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons warm water. Grate the garlic into the bowl. Adjust the warm water and lemon juice to taste, as desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the salad: Add one half of the dressing to the Brussels sprouts and mix to combine. Add the sunflower seeds and cranberries. Gently incorporate the ingredients. Add more dressing to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chickpeas: Top with the roasted chickpeas for serving.