🌱Broccoli + chickpeas in white sauce (oil-free)🌱
- 3 cups broccoli florets bitesize pieces
- 2 cups chickpeas cooked
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- Add cashews to small saucepan with enough water to cover by 2-inches. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside to soak for about 15 minutes.
- Lightly blanch broccoli florets (-boil for a couple minutes and run under cold water).
- Blend sauce ingredients until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Heat sauce in large sauce pan until just starts to thicken. Mix in 2 cups cooked chickpeas and steamed broccoli florets. Cook until heated through.
- Serve with desired amount of pasta.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.